Wednesday, August 01, 2007

01.08.2007 Moo Gaz etc...

Continues from 24.07.2007 Marmaris

Wednesday 01 August 2007 - The Cow Parade project gets underway at Tepe Nautilus. My intention is paint in public and practise Turkish with the punters. You can follow more detail at NPP Moo Gaz

Tuesday 07 August 2007 - Another lesson at Concept Languages. Gokce turned up to film teachers Arzu and Hande. We then went to Tepe Nautilus where I continued with Moo Gaz.

Thursday 09 August 2007 - Nilay sent through a useful online link to Turkish exercises...
http://users.pandora.be/orientaal/classroom.html

Sunday 12 August 2007 - While painting at Tepe Nautilus I received sms messages from the UK regarding the opening game of the season: Arsenal 0-1, then 1-1 and finally a last gasp 2-1. Good. A positive result. All 3 cows are under control, but I feel my Turkish is "resting". It is very difficult to engage with the public while painting. I want most of the work completed within the next week or so. It involves concentration and not talking too much, especially to mothers who get stroppy when they realise their precious little offspring cannot paint today and the bloody artist is a stupid foreigner anyway. I should practise my Turkish more, but I must get this painting done too.

Tuesday 14 August 2007 - Milliyet newspaper mention our cows at Tepe Nautilus...

Monday 27 August 2007 - The Tepe Nautilus project is completed and 3 cows remain in-situ there until the end of October: NPP Moo Gaz. Nilay worked very well and has been a huge help. I believe we are all please with the results. Nihat bought me Harry Potter book 7 as a token of thanks - cool! I've cut my Turkish lessons down to one a week just to keep my hand in while swamped under with fibre-glass bovine matters. I shall attempt to get back on top of my Turkish again. I do not know if this has benefited or hindered my Turkish learning. I know I've lost the focus I had during the first month. It began to go off the rails after Poland. Too many external matters have been distracting my focus on just learning.

Wednesday 29 August 2007 - Nilay has contacted a language school boasting the use of ex-secret service learning techniques. Interesting. Concept Languages have been a revelation and I continue to attend lessons there, but additional sources of inspiration are always welcome. The weakness has been my the organisation of my production and "secret service" techniques could kick start momentum and fun within the project.

Monday 03 September 2007 - Nilay and visited Firat, manager of Alta Egitim where they profess to use ex-secret service techniques to improve language learning.I saw this article in the TDN...Businessmen learn English with secret agent techniques
http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=81558
It is apparently based upon Suggestopedia, a teaching method developed by Bulgarian psychologist Georgi Lozanov based on the study of Suggestology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suggestopedia

Thursday 27 September 2007 - Latest lesson with Mine at Concept Languages. I missed my lesson last week due to illness. Today we studied yaparin, gelerim, okurum etc...

Sunday 04 November 2007 - The 5 day secret agent technique course with Alta Egitim looks to be a non-starter. The Ritz-Carlton offered to sponsor a meeting room for the project, but Alta Egitim have chosen to decline the opportunity. Pity.
My lessons have been put to one side for now as I focus on exhibiting and generating enough business to be able to stay in Turkey and keep all projects alive. I've made a return and much more positive visit to Marmaris. Netsel Marmaris Marina hired a camera and cameraman for the exhibition Marmaris? Yeah! http://nppmarmarisyeah.blogspot.com/

Go to Learning Turkish homepage